Platycodon (Balloon Flower)

I started some Balloon Flower seeds following the instructions on the pack and what I found online. The seeds were surface sown. The pack and online sources list 14-30 days for germination, stressing the 21-30 days part.
Mine germinated in 5 days. Isn't this way off the curve for average germination time? Anyone else have seeds germinate this quickly for Platycodon?
Just interested. Thanks.
Charles