Plastic raised bed borders

Anybody know where I can get these?
I ordered some last year from Garden Supply, but they don't show them any longer on their Web site.
These are handy because don't rot, etc. and can be sawed like regular wood.
Any info welcome.
Persephone
<Persephone> wrote in message > Anybody know where I can get these?

Without seeing what they look like, my first suggestion would be to head to a lumber yard or big box store, and buy synthetic deck planks, and make your own. What did the GS product come with? Metal brackets for the corners?
On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 03:18:21 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

They offered corners on their Web site, but I didn't buy them. I just ordered the "wood". It came with several metal stakes, and I bought more stakes as needed.
Your suggestion is worth a look. I recently had side steps done with plastic wood, but it was a brand name from a catalog. When ordering I noticed HD had their own. Not pretty enuff for steps, but maybe for veg garden? Thanks!
Persephone

Persephone wrote:

Garden Supply still carries them:
http://www.gardeners.com/Raised-Beds/default/StandardCatalog.VegetableGardening_RaisedBeds.cat
or
http://tinyurl.com/yoq2os
On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 17:46:47 -0600, Pennyaline

Thanks, but I went to that Web site before posting. The URL you offer carries the corners and connectors, but when I clicked on "composite lumber", it said they no longer carry that item.
Anybody have another source?
TIA
Persephone
Persephone wrote in

have you checked a local big box hardware place like Home Depot or Lowe's? if they don't have it they should be able to get it. one brand name for the composite lumber is Trex. or try these folks: http://www.epsplasticlumber.com
i don't know anything about them personally though. lee

'Preciate it - I did visit that site in the course of Ask-ing "plastic composite lumber.

Trex is what the contractor used for my side steps on rail. Has to be ordered. As I noted in another reply, I think it's too pricey for "mere" garden borders, but will check HD's own less elegant version.
Thanks for help.
Persephone wrote:

You inquired about "plastic raised bed borders" and Garden Supply. The site I linked you to has plastic and wood frames for raised beds, as well as corners and connectors. They don't have "composite lumber," which you may have meant but didn't state. Please don't shoot the messenger, especially the one who directs you to what you've asked for.
On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 17:54:26 -0600, Pennyaline

"Shoot"???!!!
I thanked you and answered you politely.
My reading of the site was that they no longer carry the (plastic) (composite lumber) which I had earlier ordered from them. They DO carry complete kits for raised beds, which is not what I am looking for.
I took the trouble to re-locate the below URL -- a long one, which I shortened via TinyUrl -- so if you read carefully, you will see that they state they no longer carry the item.
http://tinyurl.com/3xplk4
This did not serve my purpose, as I already knew they no longer carry the item, but perhaps it will calm your ire.
Persephone
Persephone wrote: I wrote:

You're right. You did. Forgive my prickly response. Hormones, or something.

Since you hadn't specified what you wanted "plastic raised bed borders" for at that time, how was I to know that you *didn't* want "plastic raised bed borders" rather than composite lumber for a different purpose?

LOWES sells white solid vinyl boards. It's what I used for my raised beds.
Enjoy Life ........ Dan
--
Email "dan lehr at comcast dot net". Text only or goes to trash automatically.

On 10/25/2007 4:37 PM, Persephone wrote:

I'm having some landscaping done. It includes decomposed granite walkways framed with some kind of composition boards. The boards came wide enough to frame a raised bed, but the landscaper sawed them lengthwise to frame my walkways.
As soon as I see the landscaper, I'll ask him what the boards are called and where he got them. Be patient.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean
On 10/29/2007 9:45 AM, David E. Ross wrote:

It's called Hardie Siding. But my landscaper says that it's not sturdy enough to frame a raised bed. It's okay as a header with the decomposed granite on one side and lawn or beds on the other. But with just air on one side, no amount of staking will support it.
Sorry.
Have you considered Hunter Board? It's a cement board. It comes in large rectangles that can be sawed. I use a Hunter Board for the roof on my tortoise's house.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean

oh... tortoises. are you one of the folks with Pyxis archnoides? lee
On 10/29/2007 10:45 AM, enigma wrote:

Cleopatra (an ancient beauty) is a California desert tortoise (Gopherus agassizii), registered with the California Department of Fish and Game. Because they are endangered, it's illegal to possess unregistered tortoises. I hope to have Cleo's Web page finished soon.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean

please let me know when you do. i'd love to see her. i have a pair of P.archanoides arachnoides & a Bell's Hingeback (Kinixys belliana). lee