plants poking skyward

gradually spring is coming along. i'm glad to have the longer days and some attempts at warmth. took a short walk around the gardens and checked 'em out to see what might be starting to show.

some daffodils, crocus, iris, and plenty of tulips, the race is on. :)

temperatures have been all over the place, a little snow yesterday, today some sunshine, but still chilly then warming up later this week. all this freeze thaw cycling is playing fun with quite a few plants. a few weeks of sunshine and warmth will work magic and they shall be healed.

a few days ago we had four inches of snow on the ground and all was white. then the rains came and now the ditches and fields are full of soggyness and running off. unlikely to be a big flooding spring with all the snow already gone, but we'll see how that goes. seems that nature always can pull a few surprises right when you think you've seen it all.

what is your favorite first of spring?

songbird

Reply to
songbird

Growing up in upstate New York it was always the crocus, then the daffodils. Living in North Carolina for over 20 years, it is the Jasmine because that tells me the Bradford's are not far behind.

Reply to
mj

Brings a tear do the eye, that. I love spring and I'd probably rate it as my third or fourth favourite season.

The sun is out, And so is the clout, I cannot wait, For my buds to sprout.

Spring is upon us, Let the good flowers grow, But it's Time 4 A Pint, And I have to go.

Ian.

Reply to
Oopsy Daisy

High time we made a stand & shook up the views of the common man And the love train rides from coast to coast DJ's the man we love the most Could you be, could you be squeaky clean And smash any hope of democracy As the headline says you're free to choose There's egg on your face and mud on your shoes One of these days they're gonna call in the ruse, yeah

(Sowing the seeds of love) anything is possible (Seeds of love) when you're sowing the seeds of love (Sowing the seeds of love) (Sowing the seeds of love) anything is possible (Seeds of love) sowing the seeds of love (Sowing the seeds)

I spy tears in their eyes They look to the skies for some kind of divine intervention Food goes to waste, so nice to eat, so nice to taste Politician Granny with your high ideals Have you no idea how the majority feels So without love and a promised land We're fools to the rules of a government plan Kick out the style, bring back the jam

(Sowing the seeds of love) anything (seeds of love) (Sowing the seeds of love) (Sowing the seeds of love, seeds of love) Sowing the seeds, the birds and the bees, my girlfriend and me in love

Feel the pain, talk about it, if you're a worried man then shout about it

Open hearts, feel about it, open minds, think about it Everyone read about it, everyone scream about it Everyone (everyone, yeah yeah) Everyone (everyone) read about it, read about it Read it in the books in the crannies And the nooks there are books to read...Chorus!!!

(Sowing the seeds of love) Oh, the seeds of love We're sowing the seeds, sowing the seeds

We're sowing the seeds of love. we're sowing the seeds Sowing the seeds of love, we're sowing the seeds of love (Mr. England sowing the seeds of love)

(Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes) Time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes High time we made a stand (time to eat all your words) And shook up the views of the common man (swallow your pride) And the love train rides from coast to coast (open your eyes) Every minute of every hour "I Love a Sunflower" (open your eyes) And I believe in love power (open your eyes) Love power, love (open your eyes) power

(Sowing the seeds of love, seeds of love?Sowing the seeds of love) (Sowing the seeds of love, seeds of love) We're sowing the seeds (sowing the seeds of love) Sowing the seeds of love, we're sowing the seeds (seeds of love) Sowing the seeds, an end to need, and the politics of greed with love (Sowing the seeds of love, seeds of love, sowing the seeds of love) (Sowing the seeds of love) anything (seeds of love) anything (Sowing the seeds of love, Sowing the seeds of love, seeds of love) (Sowing the seeds, an end to need, and the politics of greed with love) (Sowing the seeds of love, seeds of love, sowing the seeds of love) (Sowing the seeds of love, seeds of love, sowing the seeds of love) (Sowing the seeds of love, seeds of love, sowing the seeds of love) (Sowing the seeds of love, seeds of love)

I like spring too as everything seems to point skywards

UTMP

Reply to
AlansMarshTits