Plants droop in the hot sun

Some plants, especially the broccoli. Perks up afterward and it's developing normally. It's mulched like crazy and the soil's nice & damp and of perfect tilth. 80 degrees, sunny. Lots of rain in previous days.
I seem to recall reading many years ago that this drooping routine can be due to some sort of mineral or nutrient imbalance. Anyone have any insight about this?
Or, it's normal and never mind.

Broccoli being a cool weather crop this is perfectly normal, drooping is symptomatic of the plant conserving moisture in overly hot temperatures. If the temperature remains elevated for a prolonged period it would be helpful to provide some shade.
On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 10:08:31 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"

It doesn't like the heat. If it's 80 degrees in the shade, it is 90 degrees in the sun.

OK (to both of you). I have a large wooden frame "strung" with dark window screen, usually used for lettuce. Up it goes.