Planting White Clover In Cantaloupe Mound

My cantaloupes aren't being pollinated very well this season. I did notice that in my front yard, the honey bees are really working the white clover. This gave me the idea that next year perhaps I should plant some white clover seed directly into my cantaloupe mounds. Or would it be best just to plant it around the edge of each mound? Your take on this please.
Rich
White_Noise snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (EVP MAN) wrote:

The balance is that they will sap some of the nutrients from the soil, but they will add NO3-- to the soil. I recommend a good stand of them, next to the cantaloupe bed.
--
- Billy