Planting weedlike vegetables

I created a special area whete I plant "weedlike" vegetables, that is, vegetables that tend to spread around like weeds. This area is bound by poured concrete pad on one side, patio on another side, and a walkway made of concrete blocks, on the third side. There, I planted the following:
horseradish rhubarb ginger root between then, I planted "alpine onions"
This is all planted in a semi shaded are that gets a few hours of direct sunlight.
Is that a reasonable way to plant those things?
The idea was to use a patch of otherwise useless land, in a shaded place, and prevent those vegetables from spreading around.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------- char*p="char*p=%c%s%c;main()";main()         "It's never too late to have a happy childhood."
"..... between then, I planted "alpine onions"....."
What are Alpine onions? a new one to me.
--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

some sort of perennial green-onion-like thing with pretty pale-violet flowers.
char*p="char*p=%c%s%c;main()";main()
could alpine onions be chives?
David Hill wrote:

--