Planting tulips - wrong side up?!?!

I had my lawn guy plant the tulips in my home today. He ignored my request to place the tulip bulb in the hole, pointed side up, root side down. He told me that they would come up either way they were placed in the soil.
I am beginning to get worried if he has screwed them up. Would the tulips grow if they were planted the wrong way up?
They will come up, but perhaps you should inform him that if he is unwilling to follow your instructions you are unwilling to pay him.
survesh2000 wrote:

Last year, my, then, 4 year old daughter insisted on planting my bulbs with me....let alone not putting them right way up, she decided it would be best to peel them before putting them in.....had a wonderful display of tulips this spring - so go figure....
Gill

They will grow.
But, if the idiot could take the time to debate this with you, he certainly had time to do the job right. Please tell me what tool he used to dig the holes. That may provide a clue.
JoeSpareBedroom "survesh2000" snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in message
I had my lawn guy plant the tulips in my home today. He ignored my request to place the tulip bulb in the hole, pointed side up, roo side down. He told me that they would come up either way they were place in the soil.
I am beginning to get worried if he has screwed them up. Would the tulips grow if they were planted the wrong way up? -
They will grow.
But, if the idiot could take the time to debate this with you, h certainly had time to do the job right. Please tell me what tool he used to di the holes. That may provide a clue.
it takes an awful lot to kill off a tulip they are a very versatil bulb so i sure wouldnt worry about them as they will come up no matter which end i up;). but i do agree with the others this idiot needs to learn how to do th job right and i sure wouldnt be forwarding him a payment for a job badl done :(. i would give him only half of the money because he only did half of th job ;). take care, sockiescat
-- sockiescat

There are long tools made for digging holes for bulbs. If the guy used one of those, he may have wanted to throw the bulbs into the holes, which means they would land randomly. Maybe his gut was too fat to bend over and do the job right.