Planting trees to create a draft

Hidee friends and neighbors!
I have heard tales about folks planting trees in a certain pattern around the house in such a way as to create a draft on them hot summer days when there is no wind.
I couldn't find nothing goggling -- anybody have any experience with this?
Thank yew and good nite.
I remain respectful and a little bit hongry, X Guv Bob http://www.geocities.com/guvbob2003
Represented in all slander, paternity and bad check writing cases by Holstein, Iceberg and Goldbrick -- "Illegitimus non carborundum"
Snuffy wrote:

i didn't plant it, but i have this here.

takes many years and tall trees
the idea is to create two sets of windbreaks with that to the side of the prevailing wind having a lower treeline and shorter than the other.
like:

wind     !! yard    !!

the trees here are real windgrabbers, horse chestnut, willow, maple. There are some oaks and some others that i haven't identified. the width here is 100' so there is about 80' of yard between trunks
we have to prune up the "inside" of the breaks (air it out)every year or two.

hope that helps :)
cheers, L.