Planting sweet peas

I was at a friends house yeaterday and she had lovely sweet peas in her garden. I asked her when she planted them and she said that it was only a few weeks ago.

Is it too late to plant these? It's still quite warm here in Nottingham, so I want to give it a try.

Also, I took a pea pod off of her plant and wonder if I can simply plant the peas inside. do I need to sprout them first?

Thanks.

Stef

Can't answer that but in the Southern hemisphere it's Autumn.

I wouldn't sprout them. I plant them by digging a trench, filling the bottom with very rich compost, manure, cover taht with soil and then put int he seeds and then cover them.

Reply to
FarmI