Planting Security

Hi
I own some waste ground that i would like to turn green. The area is always dampish but gets sun also. There are trees there, odd bramble but thats about it.
So my question, what can i plant there that:-
Grows very very quickly is spikey (not essential) is dense in its structure (conifer - but too slow) carrys on growing out of control i dont care what it is (weeds are ok) doesnt need to look nice Keeps people off the land keeps some kind of form in Winter also
i think thats about it
--
mark12345

On 3/8/2013 9:50 AM, mark12345 wrote:

Rosa multiflora comes to mind.

Hawthorn, especially Crataegus laevigata - (Poir.)DC.(Midland Hawthorn ) which western herbalists consider a 'food for the heart', it increases the blood flow to the heart muscles and restores normal heart beat. <http://www.pfaf.org/user/Plant.aspx?LatinName=Crataegus+laevigata
--
Welcome to the New America.
<

mark12345 wrote:

It depends on your climate but blackberry and lantana would do in some.
On 3/8/2013 9:50 AM, mark12345 wrote:

Assuming UK, sloe A.K.A. blackthorn (Prunus spinosa) could provide some help and you could always make sloe gin if they survive. If the plot was dryer and sunny, I'd also try gorse but it probably wouldn't like the conditions among trees. Then again, it grows all over the border counties and Scotland so maybe dry isn't that important. Basically, anything native which might do the job is fair game.
I always like to have fruiting plants when possible, if not for me at least for the birds and wee beasties. That might mean gooseberry (Ribes uva-crispa), dewberry (Rubus caesius), raspberries (Rubus idaeus), blackberries (Rubus fructicosus), and dog rose (Rosa canina) which are all native to the UK and are thorny and liable to form an impenetrable thicket.