planted this Spring - plums thriving, apples pitiful

I planted 2 apples and 2 plums at about the same time this Spring. They are all within 50 feet of each other. The plums are thriving and the apple trees really look pitiful. I fertilized them the same and tilled the soil in an 8' circle for all 4, mixing in some mulch and sand. The only difference is that I think I had a little bit more mulch when I planted the plums. Since the conditions and sunlight and soil are the same, what could account for the difference?

Remove SPAMDEFENSE in address to reply.

Reply to
Lyne

Are the apple trees appropriate for your area?

Reply to
Travis

Describe pitiful. Mine had the leaves turn brown and looked real sick. Then I had two cedar trees removed that were pretty close, and never had the problem again.

Dwayne

Reply to
Dwayne