Plantain Hosta

Think that's how it's spelled. I am looking for Plantain Hosta. It is not bothered by sunlight. Anyone know where I can buy it? Thanx
Pixi
Hosta plantaginea
It is readily available at nurseries. You can even buy it from almost every Home Depot, Lowes, etc. as a potted plant or packed in a paper container.
Variegated cultivars are for more popular.

not
Guess this was an idiot question. Seems that most hostas are plantain lilies or hostas. What I am after are hostas that will tolerate full sun.
Thanks.

No, that wasn't an idiot question. If it was I would have let you know!
Try this Hosta website:
http://www.hostalibrary.org /

is

<o.p. snipped>
Love it. --------- Tyra

This one too-- http://www.hostas.com/hostas/index.html and see if there is a Society near you- http://www.hostas.com/index-hosta-societies.html Jim
Since I have to go over 50 miles just to buy a dress (except for Walmart) I don't think we have many hosta societies in the area. But thanks for the suggestion and the website.
Pixi

Gee, thanks. Sure glad to know you are there to keep folks on the straight and narrow. I'm trying to landscape an area around a pond and want to use mostly ornamental grass, hosta and fern with a few shrubs in the background.
Thanks for the website.
Pixi

not
Pretty much any hostas can tolerate sun provided they are given the correct conditions. But it depends a lot on where you are located and your soil conditions. In general, hostas with a lot of gold variegation or solid yellow foliage will tolerate sun better than those with lots of white variegation or with blue leaves. Also, very small leaved hostas regardlesss of foliage coloring are more sun tolerant. All will need considerably more attention to watering than those planted in the shade.
pam - gardengal