Plant suggestions for bathroom?

We have a bathtub in the corner of our bathroom, and I mounted a corner shelf about 6' up.
The room gets only indirect light (the plant will be located in the SE corner of the room). I want something that will hang down.
Any suggestions?
Silk.
Don't even bother trying live plants. They rarely do well in a bathroom because of the lack of light.

I have seen ferns with pendulous fronds revelling in more than one bathroom. Looked both attractive and appropriate. No flowering plants would be possible or desirable. Best Wishes.

Even ferns do poorly if they don't get enough light. The same is true for Pothos.

On Tue, 04 May 2004 15:44:02 GMT, "Cereus-validus"

Probably true in the dank bath houses you frequent, but not in most windowed baths....
Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a pine, one need only own a shovel. -- Aldo Leopold

Surely this depends on the bathroom! i have flowered orchids in bathrooms, and ordinarilly grew maidenhair ferns in them. I have one bathroom which is HUGE and has two picture windows, (I have no idea why) and i grow just about anything on the shelves i have built for the purpose. This is in a dry climate, no ferns here.
In NY i had a windowless bathroom, not unusual, and under a fluorescent light on the counter, i had a nice selection of African Violets and some leathery ferns.
one good thing about bathrooms is you do not have to worry about splashing water, you can grow a hanging basket over the tub or in the shower.
hermine stover

Eh? I have a problem with that type of thinking.
It's a bit like saying "don't paint it because you'll only have to do it again in a couple of years". Spend a few bucks on a nice fern (maybe Asparagus sprengerii?). It will certainly live for 6-12 months and may do surprisingly well. If not, chuck it out and get a new one.
Think of the plant as a disposable decoration - if it costs $5 for six months and then you have to spend another $5, it's cheaper than wallpaper - or artificial light as someone else suggested.
Why do folks spend a couple of bucks on a plant and then expect it to last longer than wallpaper?
Buy it, enjoy it, replace it - it's the cheapest decoration you'll find.
-- Gerry www.garden-guide.net ... for responsible gardening
On Sun, 02 May 2004 11:31:40 -0400, Mitch wrote:

Pothos.

doing very well. One of them has even attached itself to the wall and is climbing in the corner. Sue in Mi. (zone 5)

Thanks.
I bought a beautiful big fern for $12, but it's already nearly dead. I'll try the pothos.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in message

If you can afford to run a compact flourescent lamp of about 20 watts power consumption your choices widen greatly. Lately the power companies have been subsidizing the bulbs and they have gotten cheap some places only 1$.

You've got too much time on your hands! You need to get a LIFE!!! Sue in Mi. (zone 5) not in that "Special Zone" like you are!
You sure have a lot of room to talk.
You bothered to read the posting and even had the time to reply.
If it bothers you so much, you should not have either read it or even replied to show your ignorance.
Just go back to sleep and you will be alright, Rip Van Fecal. If you shit in the same room where you live, we don't want to know about it.

I still say Skunk Cabbage, that way you can always say, "Don't blame me, it's the plant."
-paghat the ratgirl