plant reccomendation to block neighbors balcony

The house next door to mine has a second floor balcony overlooking my backyard. Obviously, this ain't none too good for privacy. I'm looking for a plant that can block their line of view. . .so something that is dense, tall, and fast growing so it will cover their line of view quickly. . .yet, it has to be planted in a fairly narrow area behind other plants (maybe only 1-2 feet to work with).

The style of my yard is tropical/tiki. You know the drill. . .many palms, birds of paradise, phillodendren, banana, tiki bar, palapa. . .things of this nature. . .

I can't seem to figure out a plant that will really block out their balcony view that is of a tropical motif. . .

As far as location, I'm in Temecula. . .so it's drier and has more extremes of hot/cold than some other s. california locations. . .

Okay, then. . .any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reply to
Iggy555

A clumping bamboo might do the job.

Reply to
Travis

Or a runner in a couple of big pots or long planters.

Reply to
The Watcher

tropical print tent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo