Plant identification

Hello, I recently got a house plant, but I do not know what it is. Being inspired from the previous post about plant identity, I decided to post this one.
It is a plant that sometimes has woody or green stems. It has long leaves that end in a point. It has a red tinge to it, especially on the underside of leaves, and parts of the stem. It has one very distinctive characteristic: It is dotted with all these silver spots all over the leaves. The spots are about 1/8 to 1/4" in diameter. Very silvery, not grey. Almost see my reflection in them.
I would like to know what this is, because it is one cool plant, and I want to know how to take care of it. If anybody has any info on this, I would much appreciate it.
(Sorry I can't post a picture, I do not have a digital camera.)
-Andrew
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
snipped-for-privacy@lookingglass.com (Andrew de Halas) in

lay it onto a scanner. they take pretty good pics
if you've no scanner, i think copy shops will scan for about US$1

Add pictures here
‚úĖ