Plant ID Tech Description Links?

Hello group. My green thumb is starting its January itch and I need info to get started. What are some good sites that provide thorough botanical descriptions and photos of plants of all types? I need to identify some specimens and I am producing some new plants and need to get into the swing of the lingo.
Thanks, Echosyn