Plant ID - Germander?

Please help me ID the plant in the pictures below. I've been told it's a Germander (teucrium). Does anyone know the species and variety? The pictures were taken in Sacramento, California in November. Thanks for the help.
http://richard2721.home.mindspring.com/Germander.jpg
http://richard2721.home.mindspring.com/Germander_Detail.jpg

common species of Teucrium there. With lavender-blue flowers, I would say it is probably T. fruticans, Bush Germander.
Emilie NorCal (north of Sacramento) zone 8/9
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (MLEBLANCA) wrote in message

http://richard2721.home.mindspring.com/Germander.jpg
http://richard2721.home.mindspring.com/Germander_Detail.jpg

Emilie, Yes, I saw the entry in SWGB, but the plant in the pictures is prostrate and cascading. Teucrium fruticans is described as an upright shrub. Thanks for the reply.
Richard wrote:

I don't know which variety you have, but it looks very much like mine, only different. :) Mine is called Teucrum Chamaedrys. It would grow to about a foot high and get floppy if I didn't keep it trimmed for a hedge. The leaf looks the same though my flowers are more purple
Jeana Zone 5 Ohio
I must say it looks more like cat mint Nepeta to me

Jeana, does your Teicrium have silver foliage like the one in the picture? The description in Sunset Western Garden Book for T. chamaedrys (aka T. x lucidrys) sounds like the plant but it does not mention silver foliage. Here's the SWGB entry: T. x Lucidrys (T. Chamaedrys) Zones 2-24. to 1 ft. tall and 2 ft. wide, with many upright, woody-based stems densely chothed in toothed dark green, 3/4 inch long leaves. Red-purple or white summer flowers in loose spikes (white-flowered form is looser). Attracts bees. Us as edging, foregreound, low clipped hedge, or small scale ground cover. Shear back once or twice a year to keep neat and force side branching. 'Prostratum' is 4-6 in. high, spreading to 3 ft. or more.
Richard wrote:

We have different species. In the book I have, it lists four varities. T. lucidum, T. chamaedrys (wall germander), T. scordium, T. scorodonia. The T. scorodonia says, known as sage-leaved germander, is a hedge lie plant that draws it's name common name from it's grey-green sage like leaves. The T. scordium is the creeping plant which likes marshy damp areas. It's common name is water germander. The book is 1974 Rodale Herb Book.
My leaves are always dark green, but not glossy as the description reads. This book also says my leaves will turn reddish in the fall or in dry weather but I haven't seen that happen yet. ;)
I like your variety too, and will look for it in the spring.
Jeanna