Plant ID Extravaganza!!

If the twiggy plants are twiggy on the porch side, it's because they need more sun.

Reply to
animaux

They're twiggy all over, apart from the very top which has a mop of greenery. As well as the porch shade, they are partly shaded by trees, which will get worse in the spring when the trees sprout. I'm surprised that the previous house owner planted these where they are - she appeared to be very knowledgeable judging by the rest of the garden. Ah well, I'll just have to see how they fair.

Hubby and I were discussing a different type of porch border involving gravel and shade tolerant shrubs. The grass is very patchy in this area too

- understandably - so we need to do something that will be more pleasing to the eye. I don't want this to become the bane of my life... I have a bunch of rubus and ginger to contend with too :-/ I want to enjoy my gardening, not sigh every time I put my gloves on!

On a lighter and less miserable note - it's Christmas eve - woohoo!! Merry Christmas everyone!!

-- Lynda

Reply to
Lynda LeCompte