Plant ID

Hi,

I have just moved into a new flat and have these in the garden. Could someone please tell me what they are and whether they are edible?

Cheers!

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: photo.JPG | |Download:
||Filename: photo2.JPG | |Download:
triggerhappy

bolted to bloom.

So yes, it looks to be an edible green, but it is nearly at the end of its life cycle. Time to pitch it and start over fresh.

It also looks like you have a weed (plantain -- Plantago major) growing in the pot in the second picture.

(The article I am responding to seems to be mal-threaded or in some way is corrupted; this has been happening a lot lately and I suspect it may have something to do with the way gardenbanter is interacting with Usenet.)

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

Those look like last year's beetroot about to run to seed.

Janet

Reply to
Janet

yes

Same here, it is tacked onto a thread of the same name from 2009.

David Hare-Scott