plant id

Hi Guys, Can anyone identify this plant? TIA Chris
http://www.bayes.co.uk/image_01900.jpg
Its a wild cabbage, Brassica sp. Can't say any more without seeing it in fruit.

Thanks Cereus-validus, I figured it was some sort of brassica but the flower looks unique. Anyone else have an idea? It came from a packet of aromatic herbs. I don't know of any aromatic brassicas. Maybe it was just the sweepings off the floor :-)
Cereus-validus..... wrote:

Like I said, for identifying which species or even confirming its a Brassica, would need to see the fruit.
There are no aromatic Brassica. They all smell like cabbage!!!

I agree that it looks like some kind of brassica.
You can investigate more species with several interactive weed identification references that allow you to select by plant features. Over 200 weed and plant identification references are listed by region at the World of Weeds at www.ergonica.com.
Ray __________________________________________________ Know your weeds to control your weeds. www.ergonica.com
In article snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

Although useful, that ergonica.com is a rather obnoxious site using the top half of the screen for their banner making it difficult to navigate. They did have some useful links however. I was searching and searching for a weed id tool and they had a link to it at:
http://web.aces.uiuc.edu/weedid /
Mark Anderson wrote:

I agree about ergonica and it made my eyes roll. I found this http://www.colby.edu/info.tech/BI211/PlantFamilyID.html which is similar to weedid and it made my eyes roll too.
But let's not be too hastey. It might not be a weed :-) Ok it isn't an aromatic but let's give it a chance. I will take a better pic tomorrow.
p.s. One thing I did read somewhere, the leaves aren't so important but a plant can be identified from the flower alone.
It makes me think that image recognition software should be able to do it easily. Post a pic of a flower from 2 angles and it should be able to pin it down in a split second (any students looking for a graduate project?) They expect us to believe that we will be secure from terrorism when they put all of our almost identical faces into a computer and they can't even identify a plant from it's flower :-)
I'm thinking arugula, a mustard family green, good in salads or cooked. Check here: http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/hfresh/arugula.html
Suzy, Zone 5, Milwaukee, WI