Plant I.D.

I took my first trip to the New Jersey Botanical Gardens yesterday. Beautiful place. I'll have to go back when more of the perennials and annuals are blooming.
I was walking through the hosta garden and noticed a really cool looking plant that had no ID tag. (I didn't have my camera so I couldn't take a picture.) It had large roundish leaves with the flower stalk growing from the leaf axil. The flower was purple with three bracts, maybe 2" in diameter.
I tried Googling a bunch of descriptive terms but haven't found anything resembling it.
Any ideas?
Thanks.
In article <8ad8afeb-9989-4023-9b51-37cd1d7b7a45

trillium ? possibly t foetidissima ?
http://www.trilliums.co.uk/Trillium%20Photographs.htm
Janet
Thanks Janet. It definitely looks like it could be Eructus. The only thing that I don't remember noticing was if it had the three leaves. I'll have to take another look when I go back.