Plant Herbs in the kitchen - floor problems!

Hey,
my name is Rose and I need the help of experts.
I would like to have over the cold winter some herbs in our kitchen, and everything is fine, but I dont want to make the floor dirty.
Do you have any ideas where I can find a protecting carpet, I am not sure which carpet I should use for the floor. We have nice laminate inside..
many thanks for your support
rose
--
Rosemary Colt

Boot trays - the things people put their wet shoes & boots in when they come in the house on a wet day. Carpet is not a good idea, for painfully obvious reasons.

Boot trays are the best. Outdoor/Indoor carpet may help also.
--
Enjoy Life... Dan Using an iPad to post this message.

No rims on carpet. When she overwaters something, the water will end up all over the floor.

Don't you water your pots in the sink, and then put them into a terra cotta saucer to catch any further seepage? What kind of herbs are we talking here? Most herbs need more than a 60W bulb, or a couple of hours in a window looking out on fog in its infinite shades of grey. Chives, parsley, chervil, maybe? A bouquet garni is going to require a lot more light than you'll find inside, even during the summer. I hope she has a window that looks out on the British Mediterranean.
--
- Billy

I know how to water pots indoors. But look at the OP's message. Either we're dealing with a language malfunction, or she's not the sharpest crayon in the box.
Well, to plant herbs in the kitchen is the nice idea to fragrance from the kitchen. To plant the herbs in the kitchen I have make the partition as passage to clean out the kitchen. Another thing is that you should not use the mirror polished as your flooring otherwise there is the problem as the slip.
--
johnydesouza12

No rims on carpet.I plant herbs in the kitchen to make split As a way to clean out the kitchen. you have to space separate from the rest of the residential garden.
--
narkissajohn

Rosemary Colt wrote:

Why would having herbs in the kitchen make the floor dirty? I assume that you are growing these herbs in pots. Put the herbs in their pots outside, wipe the pots clean and then bring them in. There is no reason why you would then spill dirt inside unless your pet rat has the run of the house..

Why would you want to put carpet over the laminate to protect it? You don't need any special floor covering to have some pot plants in the kitchen.
David