Plant a fruit tree at work

I bought a nice mandarin tree today. That is going in to a sunny site along a wall at the office tomorrow.
The existing garden has a few shitey little shrubs and what looks like some rubbish clay soil.
A couple of small shrubs will be sacrificed & the shitey soils amended with some good well rotten leaves lying around the car park.
The mandarin tree will go in and hopefully start producing some nice fruit next winter in what is otherwise a large carpark.
Make a barren car park a productive food producing area.
If I can find a place to do so, I could post some before & after pictures on the web.
rob

I hear tell that "shitey" soil is very fertile.
Next plant a kumquat. I love saying that word, *kumquat*.

right then,
it is "bollocks" soil.
but much better today with the mandarin tree planted and all the leaves & humus around the carpark either dug into or mulches across the top of the garden. We will amend the leave mulch with our lunchtime scraps buried under a few leaves.
basically just builders sand with a bit of light coloured sticky clay-soil & stones.
as the humus breaks down into spring we plant to get a few veges growing. Should be reasonable productive garden in time.
just perfect for the peak oil need to go urban farming. We'll be miles ahead at our office.
rob

We'll all be doing this very soon. Good on ya'.
--

- Billy

actually a very progressive week for me. 1 mandarin tree planted at work and a garden mulched with humus ready for spring vegetable planting. 2 mandarin trees planted out front at home and 1 dwarf apple tree ready to go in out back for espelliering. My clear expanse of front lawn has been sacrificed for a productive food growing area. The first of what I think will be more fruit trees. I reckopn I can get about 7 mandarin trees out front and have hopes for 3 other old variety apple trees.
rob