Plan B?

I was given a tomato by the gardener in Colonial Williamsburg last week. Despite it's gnarly shape it was extremely tasty! Anyway, we want to plant some of the seeds next year so I tried to ferment them as I did for the Brandywine seeds. After 3 days nothing has happened...no scum, no separation of the gooey stuff. Can I just dry the seeds as is? I'm afraid to soak them any longer in case they start sprouting!
Seahag