Pipevine relocating

I have a 5 year old pipevine that is in the wrong location. Would it be practical to prune it to about 2' above ground, dig a couple feet of the root and move it or should I start again with a new vine?
Thanks,
Hal
I'd be inclined to do it in the spring before it leafs out but after the worst of winter. You can also root cuttings of it or maybe even mound up some loose soil to layer it and make many new vines.
On 22 Oct 2005 06:36:54 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@localnet.com wrote:

That is probably a better idea than doing it now, since I still have to build a trellis in the new location. I had strong doubts about being able to move the vine at all without killing it, but if it can be done I don't see why I can't do it.

Should I use green or woody growth for a cutting this time of year?
Thanks,
Hal
I try to get a few nodes of green with a piece of woody stock on the bottom. I remove all but the topmost leaf and root my cuttings in moist pearlite.