pink flowering escallonia hedge

I am no expert on gardening and would really appreciate some advice. I have a escallonia hedge running along the side of my house. The side of the house that it runs along is north facing but most of the hedge benefits from a reasonable level of sun. I have noticed that the leaves are starting to turn yellow with black spots. It reminds me of an attack by greenfly? on roses but I have checked both the affected and unaffected leaves and cannot detect any prescence. Is this a normal withering that happens in Autummn or is it being attacked by something
--
Paddy McGuigan

Paddy McGuigan;901452 Wrote: > I am no expert on gardening and would really appreciate some advice. I > have a escallonia hedge running along the side of my house. The side of > the house that it runs along is north facing but most of the hedge > benefits from a reasonable level of sun. I have noticed that the leaves > are starting to turn yellow with black spots. It reminds me of an attack > by greenfly? on roses but I have checked both the affected and > unaffected leaves and cannot detect any prescence. Is this a normal > withering that happens in Autummn or is it being attacked by something
Hi Paddy, Sounds to me like it may just be wear and tear from the weather. I wouldn't worry for this season - a lot of plants are starting to look drab and tired at the moment.
If it struggles a lot in the spring consider a plant feed to give it a boost and if there are any signs of this leaf discoloration again chop a lump off and send it to the experts, either the RHS if you are a member or you can send it to us here at Ornamental Tree Nurseries, presuming you are in the uk.
Cheers, Kate
--
Kate @ OTN

Kate @ OTN;901472 Wrote:

Hello Kate, thanks for the reply. Hopefully you are correct and it doesn't indicate any greater problem. I will watch it carefully into the spring and if necessary give it a feed. Paddy
--
Paddy McGuigan