pink bulb with points

I am wondering what is growing on the leaves of my maple trees. It is a

1/2 inch diameter pink bulb with thorn-like protrusions on it. I have photos. Does anyone have any idea what it might be?
Reply to
Tony

Maple Eyespot Gall? Or some other gall. HTH

Reply to
told2b

Pictures I have seen on the web of maple eyespot gall are simply a discoloration on the leaf. This is actually a bulbous formation (a seperate life form) that appears to either find a home on the leaf or maybe even be parasitic.

Reply to
Tony

Try looking up Hedgehog Galls. Usually found on oak but they seem to fit your description. HTH

Reply to
told2b