Ping > SVT Kate

Hey, what are you doing in here?

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick

Umm... hiding from the rest of the world in my garden ;¬D Heck Patrick, I have 10 acres I have to do SOMETHING with!

and what are YOU doing in here??

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

I'm originally from the Midwest, so gardening is kinda in my blood.

I only have a nice sized city lot, but I enjoy filling it up neat shrubs, flowers, and trees. I have three Dogwoods, two Redbuds, two Japanese Maples (that grow to 20-25 feet), and a Kwanza Cherry. I have two varieties of Honeysuckle, lots of Azaleas and Crape Myrtles, a Gardenia, and a couple Hydrangas to name just a few.

What do you have?

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick

Sounds really pretty. Well, since we only bought this place at the beginning of this year, so far we have not done much to the yard because I have been so busy peeling ugly wallpaper and repainting ... you know.. that girl thing. Remodeling a couple of the bathrooms.

So far I have gotten for the yard... LOL.. a Husky 22hp - 48" deck lawn tractor and went back to California to pick up our Kubota tractor. We mow and brush-hog about half of our place and the rest is in wild woods pretty much We have a nice big pond that we are trying to come up with some ideas on and I am thinking that I would like to terrace down to it from the house and maybe put a pier out over it. The problem with that is that this summer we killed half a dozen snakes down there. It kind of took the romance out of the whole pond thing.

We have a few Dogwoods out amongst the trees. We spent a while out by the shop this summer thinning under some big trees. Next year maybe we will get started on the yard. I call it that in the loosest form of definition I possibly can get away with .

Your yard sounds pretty. I hope to make a rock garden kind of thing out here a little at a time.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

I did the opposite. When we moved in two years ago, I started on the outside with the trees and shrubs then moved in doors. I figured get the plants planted and growing, go inside to do the inside stuff, then go back out to finish off the yard.

That's nature. As long as they're not poisonous, I wouldn't worry about 'em.

I love Dogwoods! So much them I had to make room in my Cobra to transport a Cherokee Red version all the way from Atlanta GA to our home in north Florida.

I did one of those with the shards leftover from building a flagstone walkway. Both came out really good.

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick

The snakes were cottonmouths. Had to go. There are other snakes here, but they will eat the frogs, so that's ok with me.

I would love to see some photos of your yard if you ahve any posted anywhere. Here's a picture of my "Puddle"

one of the back part of our place Trees, field and all, it's all ours to work with.
's going to be fun!

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

I don't, sorry.

WHOA!! I'll trade you!

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick

| WHOA!! I'll trade you!

Well... it's not all that costly out in these parts!

6 year old house, 2000 s.f, brick 3br 2full 2 half baths, 24x40 shop and 10.5 acres $150k

AND gasoline is significantly less out here, say about 35 cents a gallon cheaper!

So, maybe you could find your own, we're kind of attached to this one :)

SVTKate

Geeze, and I thought I cut a deal in north Florida. Where are you located?

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick

We are in South west Tennessee. Henderson County.

You're in Florida? I'd like to see it someday. Is it true what they say about all the old timers running around in Speedoes?

*cringe*

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Tennessee is a pretty state.

Yeah, near Pensacola.

It's okay. I like the west better though. Colorado/northern New Mexico are awesome.

I don't know...I've only noticed the girls wearing butt floss. My daughter says though that all the guys here are about 6-foot tall, have sexy eyes, big shoulders, 6-pack abs, and tight buns.

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick

"Patrick" wrote

| I don't know...I've only noticed the girls wearing butt floss. My | daughter says though that all the guys here are about 6-foot tall, | have sexy eyes, big shoulders, 6-pack abs, and tight buns.

I'll be right there :)

Reply to
SVTKate