Ping Chuck, Billy et al (cider stupidity & cooking sherry)

With the right sauce and some chips, yeah.

Have you boys read Cormac McCarthy's "The Road"?
Give it a go....quick read, very well written, unique style, disturbing for many reasons.....might put you off your feed for a few days.
Charlie, learning Yorkshire

Quick read? 241 pages? Aw hell. I could afford to lose some weight anyway.

Yep. One of those time warp books. Took me days to recover from loss of sleep. Still haunts me. Waiting for DVD release, though i'm sure it can't match the mental carpet the book caused. Thought that about jackson's LOTR trilogy also before witnessing it. Fooled me

Are your UR figures effed with like those here? Given the wonders of modern and creative data collation and the fact that many are severely underemployed or have given up or are dropped from the benefit rolls, our rate is roughly half the actual unemployment rate.
Any happy talk about recovery is simply bullshit. Some americans have a little brass left in their pockets... not to worry, they will soon be relieved of the burden.
Charlie, noticing more backyard gardens being readied this year and thinkin' young cider might be a viable BM commodity

For sure. You should be able to do this for next to nothing, given beggin' borrowin' and whatnot.
I've given up on the homemade hooch, given my propensity towards, uh...drunkenness.... and don't need lots of really bad hooch, my experience, on hand. I'll save my occasional bender for better than I can brew and be satisfied with that.
But, I'm still experimenting with fermentation in that we have started baking with home started sourdough and are really getting into it. Have turned some really good loaves of rye and regular sourdough and am going to start a sponge tonite for tomorrow.
We also have been fermenting, for years, milk....yogurt and keifer, though concerning the keifer, one of these times I am going to have to go the proper route and get grains instead of simply using whole keifer to make more.
Enjoy your winter, I am sick of mine, which will not go away.
Charlie

Apparently you don't learn, if you are reduced to drinkin' the cooking sherry?

Charlie
"Charlie" wrote in message

did the trick. A change from cooking cider.
rob

Yeah, this from the bloke who was giving me a ration of shit about drinkin' my cider young....
Charlie

Hey, any Oporto in a storm ;O)

LOL....how well I know
Charlie
"Charlie" wrote in message

No, not me. Billy maybe. I give you heaps about all manner of things, but not that.
Harveys Bristol Cream Sherry, Riverlea Rich Cream 'Wine'. The result is the same.
rob