Ping: Cheryl Isaak

Reply to
dr-solo

But that would be the teacher would have some extra work, heaven's forbid. (yes, I am not happy with the state of "English" instruction locally.)

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

why rtf?? Do you accept PDFs?

Reply to
John McWilliams

There are other solutions.... a bit more expensive, but worth it for my taste. And mileage will vary....

You can run Win2000 on a MacIntel directly until you are used to the Mac OS, and then you'll never look back.

Reply to
John McWilliams

She is using Microsoft-Entourage/10.1.6.040913.0 on her Mac.

Look at the headers in her posts.

Reply to
Travis

Travis expounded:

I know, but as she explained, she's tied to the Bog, at least partially, until everyone is out of school. I knew she was a Mac person. I, on the other hand, run Windblows but try to run as much as possible that isn't M$.

Reply to
Ann

Ann expounded:

Borg, my fingers are too fast for my brain.

Reply to
Ann

Mac's Rule .....

Almost all of Mac'c word processing software can read, convert and save files as rtf, doc, txt and pdf on to a CD the PCs can understand. Use the "Export" command from most programs.

What I reject is HTML emails and files, unless I pre-approve the address. That format can cause problems, such as more junk mail. That is why I do not get any junk mail. Even though my email address is listed at the end of this posting. Junk mailers for some reason do not send straight text.

Most Mac's also have no need for anti-virus and anti-spyware. In ten years my Macs have never crashed, caught a virus or spyware. Some Mac's may need such software IF they are forwarding emails, but I could care less about the PC world. What Macs do need is a really good firewall to make sure bad people do not get good data, but then again so do PCs.

Repeating others, Mac's can run Microsoft Software for PC's also, however I can not think of one good reason why.

Yes, Macs can also Ping.

I am now going outside and pick some squash, tomatoes, peppers, carrots, romaine and leaf lettuce for my dinner... IN OCTOBER !!!!!!! ... IN MICHIGAN... 85 DEGREES TODAY... cool :)

Enjoy Life ..... Dan

Reply to
Dan L.

Can I come over for dinner?

Consider yourself soundly bussed for your praise of Macs. C

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Win2000? "Boot Camp" lets me run XP in my Intel Mac for a couple of applications that don't have a Mac counterpart.

Reply to
Billy

[....]

that's the good life. to finish off a productive day with a trip out to the garden to pull dinner fresh from the vine, stalk, plant or bush.

you go Dan..

Reply to
Jim

My next computer is going to be a Mac. Dell has sucked the life out of me, and Microsoft has nothing to offer. Same old.

Reply to
Jangchub

Surely MS isn't the only provider of newsreaders for a MAC.

Reply to
Travis

No, but as I said, I really like Entourage - it is so usable, I can't believe it really came from a drone.

Cheryl Isaak

MT-NewsWatcher is best and free News Group reader there is for the Mac. They do ask for a $25 donation. It is easily worth it. It is up to you.

The link:

are other readers out their for the Mac - just not worth it. MT-NewsWather is far better than anything MS offers.

Enjoy Life ....... Dan

Reply to
Dan L.

Hmmmm...... Tempting ..... I have personal rules. Do not date anyone at work or online. It is safer that way.

If you are only after my great tasting tomatoes --- NO! their all mine mine mine .....

Happily single, with my female friends with bonuses ..... Dan

Reply to
Dan L.

;)

Cheryl Isaak