pineapple lily

I have just learned how to propagate this plant from a TV show. Fellow from Plant Delights was showing it. Cut a whole long leaf, then cut it into 1" pieces and stick into a potting tray or small pots. New plant-lets in about a month. I never had any luck with the seeds of this plant so This is good info. Much more purple in the spring. I just posted a pix over on the alt.binaries.pictures.gardens newsgroup