pine trees

Is there any plant that likes to grow under tall pine trees in zone 5? Thanks

-tommy

Reply to
tommy

Hi Tommy, Some of these low growing plants like 'creeping charlie' seem to work ok for me. You may also want to try some shade tolerant flowers.

Sherw>

Reply to
Sherwin Dubren

Reply to
Ben Tuinman

Pachysandra.

Reply to
Phisherman

More important than the tree they're underneath is the climate, soil, moisture etc. The question should really be "What will grow in partial to full shade in my area, assuming the soil is moderately acidified?"

Where are you??

Reply to
Mike LaMana

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo

In East Texas, we are in the process of planting Hostas around our tallest pines. They tend to do very well in the shade:)

Angie

Reply to
junkyardcat