Pine tree with huge cones

Hi
Is anyone familiar with enormous pines trees , that produce huge cone that sit on top of the branch (rather than dangling from ), and loo like bee hives. The tree in question produces red berries in winter.
Can't find it in any of the books I have purchased. I will pos picture if no-one has any ideas.
Thank
-- mark_monroe
mark_monroe wrote:

The various species of Araucaria (e.g., Norfolk Island pine) have cones that weigh 10-15 pounds each. These can suddenly fall without warning. According to Sunset, "they are not trees to sit under."
However, a coniferous tree that produces cones does not produce berries. The southern magnolia (M. grandiflora) produces cone-like seedpods. When they dry and split open, there are red berry-like seeds.
--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/