Pine Tree

How do you kill a pine tree short of cutting it down? (It is not ours to cut). So far 5 gallons of gas has not helped.

MJ

Reply to
mjciccarel

Let me qualify. The tree is on an adjoing lot that is VACANT. There is no neighbor for several lots. Anti Freeze? MJ

Reply to
mj

Each morning at 7:00 Am go to the tree and curse it. This will work in time.

Bill

Reply to
Bill who putters

Anything you can think of.

Bill

Reply to
Bill who putters

I hate trees, I hate trees.

Why do you want to kill it? Where are you located? How big is the tree?

Don't use antifreeze - that kills animals, not trees.

Kate

Reply to
kate

If you want a dead pine tree, no need to waste gas, I have three.

Reply to
Phisherman

Then I'd say it's not yours to kill, either.

gloria p

Reply to
Gloria P

Poisining the ground like that is a really bad idea. Now you have your own personal superfund site.

My guess is that the tree will die. It may take some time.

Do not pour any more gas there. If you are caught you are liable for the clean up costs. Do you think you can afford the costs? Not to mention the fine.

Reply to
despen

Naw, I want Kill-Kill-Kate. I'm sure she has a diesel fuel - ammonium nitrate solution to all of this. Maybe she can even recommend a good lawyer. Be sure to give recognition to those to which it is due. Ask nice, and she may even share her design of a small thermonuclear device.

Reply to
Billy

Girdle it. That is cutting off a strip of bark all the way around the trunk of the tree. DH has done it to several being careless with the lawnmower, works every time.

Reply to
Nanzi

Add a lit match and think you'll be all set.

Jon

Reply to
Zeppo