Pin Oak

Hi everybody is Pin Oak the Oak tree that does not really lose it leaves in winter time ?

No, Pin Oak (Quercus palustris) is deciduous. Could you be thinking of Live Oak (Quercus virginiana)?
email: snipped-for-privacy@beyondgardening.com
David Bockman wrote:

Pin oak leaves turn reddish-brown and die like those of most oaks, but many of them tend to stick to the branches until spring instead of falling to the ground. So the leaves aren't "lost" but they aren't green either.
Keith Corwell wrote:

There are several evergreen oaks. Many are described as "live oaks".
Suitable for my climate, there are     Quercus agrifolia -- coast live oak     Q. chysolepis -- canyon live oak, maul oak, goldencup oak     Q. durata -- leather oak, Nuttall's scrub oak     Q. engelmannii -- Engelmann Oak, mesa oak, Pasadena oak     Q. ilex -- holly oak, holm oak     Q. suber -- cork oak     Q. tomentella -- island oak     Q. turbinella -- desert scrub oak, shrub oak     Q. nacciniifolia -- huckleberry oak     Q. viginiana -- southern live oak     Q. wislizenii -- interior live oak
However, my own oak is Q. lobata (valley white oak), which is definitely deciduous. I started it from an acorn that I pick up in a shopping center parking lot. It's now 28 years old and taller than my two-story house. See <URL:http://www.rossde.com/garden/garden_oak_acorn.html .
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean