Pieris japonica - deer resistant?

The big colorful signs on the pots at the nurseries say the plant's not so interesting to deer. Anyone have any first-hand experience with these shrubs? The best I can do to protect them, at least in winter, is place them in an area where the snow gets about 4 feet deep, something the deer aren't too crazy about.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

RosietheRiviter

We have a pieris japonica that sits just behind my surespot euonymous. The deer dig down through 2 feet of snow to get to the euonymous but todate (3 years) have never bothered the pieris.

Reply to
RosietheRiviter