Picture of my container tomato cages

I just finished the initial structure of the cages that will support my

8 container tomato patch. You can see it at:

built this quickly without a level or framing square so this structure isn't up to my usual quality construction. :-) It's built entirely with scrap wood I had laying around and cost me only $6 for a box of screws. As the plants grow I'll be adding more lathing to it depending on where the branches grow.

Had this area been in a more public space I would have painted and squared it up better but since it's not, I'm just letting the wood deal with the weather on its own. It only took me about 2 hours to put together.

Reply to
Mark Anderson

Neat. I'm sure the plants don't care about the finished product.

Reply to
robson

Great idea! One question. Shouldn't there be spacing between each container for the plants to spread out?

Reply to
Freckles

LOL. I think you're right! I'm going to spread them out. Another pic will follow. :-)

Reply to
Mark Anderson