Photo's of The National Summer Show

Page 1 of 2
Just added to Bexrose web site at:- http://home.btconnect.com/cadoss/bexrose pictures from This summer's National Rose Show.
I think that some of these exhibits are quite outstanding, what do you think?
Enjoy
Martin Double Bexrose Webmaster
Email: snipped-for-privacy@btconnect.com Web Site: http://home.btconnect.com/cadoss/bexrose

I think you should get that apostrophe out of "photo's", and double check every single apostrophe on your web site, in case kids are looking at it.
Thanks for the feedback, I'll consider these points during the next update.
But what did you think of the Photo's themselves?
Regards
Martin Double Bexrose - Webmaster
Email: snipped-for-privacy@btconnect.com Web Site: http://home.btconnect.com/cadoss/bexrose

Since the "New Photo's" button is so annoying due to the apostrophe, I chose not to click it.

Doug
You will be pleased to hear that I have deleted the apostrophe from the photos buttons.
Spelling and grammar are not one of my strong points, being a little word blind as I am. My current editor for spelling and grammar in MS Word and FrontPage but they are not idiot proof of course! I have actually been looking for someone to act as editor to the stuff I keep churning out, without success so far, any takers?
Thanks again for the feedback.
Regards
Martin Double Bexrose - Webmaster
Email: snipped-for-privacy@btconnect.com Web Site: http://home.btconnect.com/cadoss/bexrose

Hurrah {:-))

You should see my brother's efforts. He would spell "cat" as "kat" and would be quite prepared to argue the point.
[snip]
Franz
I wouldn't mind giving it a look. I actually do know how to punctuate, I just find it annoying when people harass others for slips in their use of punctuation. Murri

Yeah, but it's like fingernails on a blackboard. And even worse, back grammar spreads like mold on bread. A kid sees misused apostrophes and does the same thing in her writing. Three of her friends see it and do the same. Next thing you know, a college admissions counselor sees the awful writing on their (not THERE) applications, laughs, and throws the papers into the trash.
The worst is when people say "Aww hell....it's just the web....good writing's not that important."
OK. Good job. I clicked the button. The photos are technically very adept, but where's the scent??? Who designed that web site? :-)
I may regret this, but I might help you with your editing. How much stuff are you talking about, and how often? -Doug

The web site design is down to me, just an enthusiastic amateur, but I am always open to suggestions for improvement.
Our monthly news bulletin is put together by Bexrose Hon secretary (Janet Newton) and another (Pat Powell), they email the bulletin to me for uploading onto our web site. Bexrose also distribute hard copies of the bulletin (400 odd) to those members that do not have computers. We are trying to encorage more to make use of the electronic form of the bulletin, a few members are sent the bulletin direct by email as their prefered choice.
Other articles are mostly by me with a few from others. I would like more from others of course in order to lighten my work load.
So to the point! 1) There is the current material on the web site all produced over about the last 6-7 months. 2) There is the monthly bulletin. 3) Articles are produced on a random basis, averaging about one or two per month so far. I see this trend steadily reducing as our planned list of articles becomes complete. After that there will be just a little updating / improved presentaion / maintenace of the articles. 4) News, Events, Show Results, and those much discuss Photos will be up dated as necessary about once every two months. 5) Additions to existing articles as and when. For instance the article on rose varieties / varieties for exhibition needs more photos and a much fuller description of the varieties i.e. Scent, Habit, Etc.
Assistance in editing of all or any of the above for spelling, grammar, technical content, presentation etc would be welcomed.
All sounds to be a lot of work but I see the next year as probably completing the core content of the web site. And, many hands make light work!
Please contact me direct with any further advice, comments, articles, offers of help etc.
Regards
Martin Double Bexrose - Webmaster
Email: snipped-for-privacy@btconnect.com Web Site: http://home.btconnect.com/cadoss/bexrose

As far as what you called "technical content", I don't think I'll have time for that. I just bought a new house and I'm not planning on eating or sleeping until the garden is done. But, I'd be glad to help with grammar/spelling/sentence smoothness. Email me at my hotmail address and I'll give you my "not for public consumption" email address. We'll go from there. -Doug

I think it looks fine............And I also think fussing over an apostrophe is really stupid and petty. Murri

If you had not top posted, I would have known what it is that looks fine. And unlike your remark, helping someone in a polite way to improve his/her use uf English is neither stupid nor petty.
[snip]
Franz
Oh, that's the other one that's petty. Bitching because you LIKE scrolling and someone has so cruelly deprived you of the ( dubious ) pleasure.
Murri

Thanks for the support.
Regards
Martin Double

After such a succession of top postings, this thread has now lost all semblance of logical connectivity.
Franz
After such a boring succession of scrolling to see if you actually said anything I've decided not to bother reading your posts.
Murri

That would be your loss.
[snip]
Franz