PHOTO OF THE WEEK, The Holy Grail

After 11 years of searching, we (Marilyn) finally found (stepped on) a Ruby Throated hummingbird's nest.
js
-- PHOTO OF THE WEEK: http://schmidling.com/pow.htm Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver http://schmidling.com
snipped-for-privacy@schmidling.com wrote:

one about 15 years ago on the ground of my daughter's pre-school. Polo ponies were boarded at the school and there were horse hairs in the nest. Were there any cow hairs in yours? Boy, this sure sounds strange doesn't it :-D
Pat

Far as I can tell, the original poster is an automated posting program. I don't think I've ever seen him reply to any of the follow ups to his photo of the week.
-S
Snooze wrote:

Well, there is nothing automated about my announcements. In fact sometimes I have to post separate messages to some groups. Not surprisingly, if not cross posted, I may forget to check one of the groups for response.
I make an effort to answer all responses to my postings if a response is called for.
In this case, I found no cow hair but as we do raise a few sheep, it was interesting to find wool in the bottom of the nest.
Thanks for looking,
js
Jack Schmidling wrote:

How interesting to run into you over here! Did you get your cup replated on the interior OK?
Carl 1 Lucky Texan
--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

Carl 1 Lucky Texan wrote:

Not sure where "here" is as it was cross-posted to several groups but I thought the same thing when I saw your name.
My wine cup now has a lovely gold interior but my wife's is pretty grungy and I believe it needs to be polished out before trying again.
This off topic stuff relates to a discussion on rec.crafts.jewelery on gold plating.
js

That isn't true, I've had replies from him.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Good find. It seems unstretched. Perhaps it has not been used.
-- Linda Temecula California Turn out the lights when replying.
snipped-for-privacy@schmidling.com wrote:

Yea, we found the adult hummer before that!:
http://www.worth1000.com/entries/141000/141124PVXT_w.jpg