PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Sapsucker

Although his yellow belly is barely visible in this picture, the way he goes about sucking sap is quite evident.

js

PHOTO OF THE WEEK:

Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver

jack

Do they eventually kill the tree?

Reply to
Travis

I dont know but that's a good question. Anyone?

I have all these pines and sap and no YBS

Reply to
Wynter

Only a guess, but I'd go for not killing the tree. Think of the maples and birches that are tapped by humans for their sap every year and survive quite well. I doubt that even a flock of the birds working in concert could kill trees.

Cyli r.bc: vixen. Minnow goddess. Speaker to squirrels. Often taunted by trout. Almost entirely harmless.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com.invalid (strip the .invalid to email)

Reply to
Cyli

I LOVED your web site ! Thank you ! Dakotabear1

Reply to
Smiles

Did you see all the holes in the bark?

Reply to