PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Sandhill Cranes

The Sandhill Crane is the more common relative of the vary rare and endangered Whooping Crane.
Every year tens of thousands of them migrate from the northern US and Canada to the Gulf of Mexico for the Winter. We see them flying over in large "V" formation flocks in Spring and Fall.
js
-- PHOTO OF THE WEEK: http://schmidling.com/pow.htm Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver http://schmidling.com
snipped-for-privacy@schmidling.com wrote:

I saw quite a few of them in Florida around Thanksgiving. They were foraging along the shores of ponds at a golf course. I also saw a large flock circling over the house we stayed at. Impressive birds.
J. Del Col
snipped-for-privacy@mail.ab.edu] snipped-for-privacy@schmidling.com wrote:
The Sandhill Crane is the more common relative of the vary rare and endangered Whooping Crane.
Every year tens of thousands of them migrate from the northern US and Canada to the Gulf of Mexico for the Winter. We see them flying ove in large "V" formation flocks in Spring and Fall.
I saw quite a few of them in Florida around Thanksgiving. They were foraging along the shores of ponds at a golf course. I also saw a large flock circling over the house we stayed at. Impressive birds.
J. Del Col
we have had a pair of cranes living down along our creek bed the las few years im not sure what kind they are but they sure are beautiful t watch i cant get over the wingspan that they have. thanks for sharing your great pics with us all. sockiescat
-- sockiescat