PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Hallelujah Banana

This plant was purchased around 1985 with the understanding that it would bloom and bear fruit indoors.

Roughly every two years since, it has matured without flowering, died off and was cut down to allow the new shoot to try again.

js

-- PHOTO OF THE WEEK:

Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver

Jack Schmidling

thats just awesome :)

Reply to
chaz

This plant was purchased around 1985 with the understanding that it would bloom and bear fruit indoors.

Roughly every two years since, it has matured without flowering, died off and was cut down to allow the new shoot to try again.

js

-- PHOTO OF THE WEEK:

Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver
thats just awesome :)

thats really neat to see im glad u didnt get rid of your banana tre :). good luck and hope u have a great feast of bananas lol. cyaaaaa sockiescat

-- sockiescat

Reply to
sockiescat

Many years ago I lived in Bermuda and we had a banana tree in the back yard and really got spoiled. It was a dwarf one with bananas about 6" long and really a fun thing to have. I have been pining for such a tree all my life since but living in Illinois puts severe limits on growing them.

js

Reply to
Jack Schmidling