PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Giant Leopard Moth

It's no mystery how this moth got named, both common and Latin names derive the the pattern of spots on the wings.

js

-- PHOTO OF THE WEEK:

Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver

Jack Schmidling

Rick

Yeah, they show up around here from time to time. The big hickory moths are impressive, too. I somtimes find the detached wings of large moths on summer mornings. I assume it was either bats or nighthawks that killed the moths and devoured the torso.

J. Del Col

Reply to
jadel

Some evidence that our cat may take a few large moths--we find wreckage every now and again in the garage (which of course is open to ANY cat-size critter.

Reply to
Laurence Sheldon

boy.

Reply to