PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Dancing Spider

This fellow is a member of the Daddy-Long-Legs family (Pholcidae) and as the name implies, is very commonly found in cellars.
js
-- PHOTO OF THE WEEK: http://schmidling.com/pow.htm Astronomy, Beer, Cheese, Fiber,Gems, Sausage,Silver http://schmidling.com
AKA harvesters. and I remember as a kid seeing loads of them every year, but havent seen one for maybe the last 40 years. Ingrid
snipped-for-privacy@schmidling.com wrote:

I always liked Daddy Longlegs, cute story with the shower.
shayla wrote:

There is now more to the story.
The very night I posted the picture, another one showed up in the other corner, just sort of swinging around. A few minute later he was dropping to the floor, apparently told to buzz off.
Next morning they seemed to have reached an agreement and the second one was ensconced in the opposite corner. Last night the original was either gone of moved to the new corner.
Amazing what amuses me.
js

Nature amuses and fascinates me, too! <G>
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

If I saw that thing in my shower, I would LITERALLY have a heart attack on the spot. I am scared SHITLESS of all creepy crawlies.
Badass Scotsman (Ironic, I know).