PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Cedar-Apple Rust

This strange looking jelly fungus growing on a Cedar tree is the bane of apple growers.
js
Jack,
I don't know if your use of the term 'Cedar Tree' was a short cut, or what. Actually, this fungus forms on Red Cedar trees. Red Cedar is misnamed, since it is actually a member of the Juniper family. The disease is between apple trees and members of the Juniper family. This is a common misconception. Maybe you are aware of this, but many other people are confused by the name Red Cedar. I would like to
know the name of the genius who named the disease Cedar-Apple Rust. It should have been called Juniper-Apple Rust.
Sherwin D.