Phoenix Roebelenii -Pygmy Date Palm

I've just purchased a Phoenix Roebelenii which is around 1m tall and was wondering what is the best method for feeding them. Should I plant it directly into the ground or move it to a larger pot? I'm in the UK, so there is a risk of frost, how can they be protected against frost in the winter as it's too big to bring indoors?
Thanks.
Blairadamwitch
--
Blairadamwitch

Blairadamwitch wrote:

Hi, If temps don't get too cold for long periods then the ground is where to put it. At least use as large a pot as can be handled if real cold weather happens. http://www.floridata.com/ref/P/phoe_roe.cfm has good information on this palm. P. roebelenii survive short duration "hard freezes" here in SoFla. Feeding, a "palm special" usually a 3-1-3 formulation with minor elements is the way to go. BTW the fruits, though small, are real dates and edible.
HTH -_- how
--
no NEWS is good