Philodendron problems

I live in the Denver area and got a Philodendron for indoors, over the summer. It has a dual T8 light over it, with good spectrum, so it gets plenty of light.
But it's slowly started having problems. Yellowing leaves and the good leaves are getting a few spots of white fuzzy stuff in the middle of some of them, and some sappy glossy stuff on them.
Anyone know what this might be?
On 11/28/12 10:12 AM, Good Granny wrote:

You might have an insect infestation, possibly mealy bugs or scale. This happens with house plants since the natural predators of those insects cannot reach them.
Try dabbing the fuzzy spots with a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see

Fungus gnats? We cant seem to get them out of the house. They get in the house plant soil and the sink and tub drains. Makes us crazy.
Is there something we can put in the soil and sinks and tub drains that kills them?
Good Granny wrote:

This question seems unrelated to the first, is it a second question?
Mealy bug and scale are not fungi and are unrelated to gnats in your house. What you see if your plant has those pests are exudations produced from other insects. If you are still unsure what you have use google images to find some pics of these suggestions and compare.
David (not Ross)

Yes.
I took 2 photos: http://lakewoodcolorado.net/PHILO /
Good Granny wrote:

May I suggest that in future you will get better answers and save confusion if you ask each question separately.
Good Granny wrote:

Looks like mealy bug to me, use the metholated sprits dab as suggested by David Ross. Make sure you get into all the tight spots with your dabber but don't drown the plant in alcohol.

Thanks.