Petunia seed collection

I know they're tiny. I buy pelleted seed each spring. How do you collect seeds that small?

Reply to
Ben

Very carefully.

Reply to
Cereus-validus.....

One white envelope under the pod works for me. I label and tack on the inside of my broom closet door till I am ready to plant. A salt shaker with half the holes blocked works well for sowing.

Reply to
BetsyB

Collect individual fruits, or cut off the entire top and lay it out on newspaper to dry. Crunch and screen. I prefer to work with individual fruits... less detritus. Sometimes it's easier just to crunch and then pick the detritus out of the seeds with fine tipped forceps, under magnification.

Kay Lancaster

Pick the petunia fruits when they just crack open before they spill many of the seeds. Crunch them up with your fingers as you put them in an old 35mm film container or small glassine envelope.

You can also pick them when they turn yellow before the crack open, and allow them to dry before crunching them.

Best regards, Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob