Petunia seed collection

I know they're tiny. I buy pelleted seed each spring. How do you collect seeds that small?
Very carefully.

One white envelope under the pod works for me. I label and tack on the inside of my broom closet door till I am ready to plant. A salt shaker with half the holes blocked works well for sowing.

Collect individual fruits, or cut off the entire top and lay it out on newspaper to dry. Crunch and screen. I prefer to work with individual fruits... less detritus. Sometimes it's easier just to crunch and then pick the detritus out of the seeds with fine tipped forceps, under magnification.
http://tomclothier.hort.net/page28.html

Ben wrote:

Pick the petunia fruits when they just crack open before they spill many of the seeds. Crunch them up with your fingers as you put them in an old 35mm film container or small glassine envelope.
You can also pick them when they turn yellow before the crack open, and allow them to dry before crunching them.
Best regards, Bob