Pests on cleome

Last year my cleome were infested with some kind of black and yellow beetle in late summer so I pulled them up and got rid of them. This year their seeds sprouted some nice looking plants, but I've discovered green worms on the lower leaves and they are skeletonizing the leaves. Are these worms larvae of those black and yellow beetles? How do I get rid of these pests? TIA.

Okay, I found out that the beetles are probably harlequin beetles. I still don't know what the greern worms are. Nevertheless, I'm going to spray them with something because they are working fast to kill my plant.
You're right--The bug that you saw was most likely the nymphs of Harlequin bugs. No idea what the green works are. Try googling "green worms on cleome." Last year, after looking in my insect books and not figuring our what the bugs on my Cleome were, I googled "bugs on cleome" and quickly discovered that they were Harlequin bug nymphs. Only the adults were in my books. I got rid of the bugs by pulling up the infested cleome and putting it in a plastic bag and disposing of it.
wrote:

Okay, I found out that the beetles are probably harlequin beetles. I still don't know what the greern worms are. Nevertheless, I'm going to spray them with something because they are working fast to kill my plant.

e.net> wrote in message

Cabbageworms! Thank you, Compostman.