Pesticides, politics and oral favors

" No problems with Google here Chet boy...perhaps you should read and search before you spew... "

Apparently you do have a problem reading threads, otherwise you'd have seen this, before you called me a putz. And even now, instead of appologizing you pretend it never happened. So, I think it's quite obvious who's the real putz here.

Doug Kanter Jun 30, 8:38 am show options

Newsgroups: alt.home.lawn.garden, rec.gardens From: "Doug Kanter" - Find messages by this author Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:38:06 GMT Local: Thurs,Jun 30 2005 8:38 am Subject: Re: Pesticides, politics and oral favors Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse

Actually, I *did* post the article. But, trader4 is young, and has missed 40 years worth of chemical industry antics. He doesn't understand how they

operate. Not only that, but he doesn't understand how legislation (and legislators) are manipulated by the industries which are affected by potential new laws.

Reply to
trader4

OK Putz now the handicapped header and I will apologize....

Reply to
Tom Jaszewski

snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote in news:1120268832.447474.20260 @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

tsk, tsk. But you think wild conspiracy theories about Iraq having WMDs is okay, don't you.

Reply to
Roger Swain

"Doug Kanter" posted:

Or the other situation, that Ronald Reagan fires the FDA coordinator, hires a new one on advise of his buddy Mister Aspartame (Donald Rumsfeld), and was a Defense Contractor that worked for Donald.

Arthur Hull Hayes FDA Commissioner hired in 1981 fired in 1983 for accepting corporate gifts in exchange of his approvals for drugs. went to work for G.D. Searle & Company, (as a medical advisor) (Donald Rumsfeld is CEO of this company)

The approval of drug by the FDA was based upon firing the FDA commissioner, and putting in a new commissioner that would approve the chemical known as aspartame. He based his approval upon reports presented by the company that manufactured aspartame, G.D. Searle & Company (of which Donald Rumsfeld was a CEO).

Boy it sures does swing in a very tight circle there. And the guy was FIRED for accepting gifts. He then went to work for Donald Rumsfeld again, as a "medical professional".

That's a VERY TIGHT circle there, where the people approving things are hired because they WILL APPROVE, and hired because they work FOR a company that needs approval.

-- Jim Carlock Please post replies to newsgroup.

Reply to
Jim Carlock

For more comments on how agriculture is shaping the evolution and destruction of species, you may find this essay interesting: "On the Semantics of Evolution".

Nature makes plants, humans make weeds!

Reply to
raycruzer

You're expecting a lot of the children here. :-)

Reply to
Doug Kanter

You have no room to talk, Kanter. Check out some of Doug's finer posts here.

happy gardener

You must be very young. Compare the headers on those posts to the ones in THIS DISCUSSION. You'll notice that the ones you posted are different. That's because they were posted by someone else posing as me. Probably trader4, who doesn't like it when people point out the sins of his favorite chemical companies.

Meanwhile, do you have anything useful to add to this discussion?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

I didn't expect you to admit what a bigot you are. Speaking of headers, this is from YOU also.

happy gardener

The message from "happy gardener" contains these words:

but from some malicious and not very bright nymshifting faker trying to discredit him.

Janet.

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

Yes or no question: Do you know what a message header is?

Yes, or no.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Thanks, Janet. But, I doubt the child who's accusing me of these things will understand.

I will, however, take full credit (as usual) for my posts which suggest the wholesale murder of stray dogs which come within ten thousand feet of my garden. :-) But, that doesn't come under the heading of bigotry.

Reply to
Doug Kanter